map

Monday 1 February 2016

The pavement test

Exactly two years ago I realised, what the ultimate check for my Acroyoga skills was: together with an Acroyoga teacher from Basel we were promoting a yoga project that was about to begin. For this we went to one of Basel's main squares and performed couple of Acroyoga moves. Without thinking for too long we agreed on 'two high': one person (flyer=me) standing on the shoulders of another person (base=him). And there was nothing special in this structure for my psychology at that point anymore except for the fact, that instead of friendly soft mats of a yoga studio or grass in the park, this action was taking place on the pavement... Nothing went wrong that day. Never the less, I was dreaming of falling the whole consequent night.

Time was passing by and the term 'Acroyoga' was updated with 'Acrobatics' in my vocabulary, which was reflecting the changes of our practice. By 'us' I mean here a group of friends, training together, the 'Team Basel' - a handful of enthusiasts, without whom my present life would not have the acrobatic flavour.

Last summer we were substantially exposed to standing acrobatics. Even I, personally, revised those tricks only couple of times - mostly on Acrobatics conventions and workshops - time to rewind came on the last weekend of January, when one of our travelling teachers turned out to be in town. On a cold, rainy, windy day we headed for a photoshoot towards one of the most strange man-made constructions I have ever seen: the Messe (which means 'the Fair' in german). Thanks goodness, Tari (the teacher) is such a precise and experienced balance worker, that he could compensate all my beginner's mistakes and make me land  back on my feet as a feather.

Yet, my second pavement experience!

x
A photo posted by Elizaveta Semenova (@farbless) on

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you have stated this blog. Can't wait to fill it w more Acro pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Tari. Hope you survive my broken English. Soon a post about a hard, but successful, lol, potechka journey under your supervision will be drafted. To be posted not later than in one year. So keep visiting, please :)

    ReplyDelete